When: on request
Duration: 1 day
Full day shtetls-tour to discover the charm of the former Jewish towns in Galicia (Ukraine).
Our tour will bring you back to the times of their gorgeous past and give you a chance to see the life
of people in provincial towns nowadays.
In our Tour of Jewish Galicia you will visit:
- Zhovkva/Zolkiew one of the most charming little towns in Galicia. Once a royal ideal Renaissance town, nowadays it’s full of provincial magic and slow-moving pace of life. At the beginning of the 20th-century Jewish community comprised half of the population of the town. We’ll see the Medieval castle, walk past the Rynok square with traditional buildings and City Halls, the church of St Lawrence’s Cathedral and the Basilian monastery to the seventeenth-century Renaissance synagogue which is one of the most remarkable of its kind in Europe.
- Brody – the birthplace of the famous Jewish-Austrian writer – Joseph Roth. Here we will visit the Synagogue (18th century), Gymnasium and Jewish Cemetery (19th century) – one of the largest in Galicia region and despite the devastation caused by the wars, one of the best preserved Jewish cemeteries in Ukraine.
- Busk – famous for an old Jewish cemetery, which is considered to be the oldest Ashkenazi cemetery in Ukraine and one of the oldest in Central and Eastern Europe. Until today, a large brick synagogue built in 1842–1843 is preserved in Busk.
- Professional English, Polish or German speaking guide
- Transportation by a comfortable car or mini-van
- Entrance fees to the museums
Reservation is required!
Reserve your tour by: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org By phone +38 097 230 3289 (Viber and WhatsApp) or call +38 067 670 5362